1. Make your staff and customers ambassadors for your brand.
2. Be the alternative.
3. Drive a wedge between you and your competition.
4. Turn left when your competition turns right.
5. Establish metrics on everything you do.
6. Turn negatives into positives.
7. Explore why you are not getting the sale.
8. Enter the modern age of merchandising.
9. Promote your brand, not your product.
10. Take care of people; they are what bring the passion to your business.
Source: Clyde Fessler
Publication date: 2/10/2014